Mar 16, 2016, 07:40 AM
The birds are chirping, days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer. It’s safe to say that spring has finally sprung here in Arkansas. Though a lot of us might not get a “Spring Break” per se, you might start getting that itch to use a few vacation days as the weather starts to warm up.
If you decide that you and a couple of friends are long overdue for a road trip, we want to make sure you’re ready. Our Discount Auto Glass team put together a list of five things that you shouldn’t leave town without – it’s our spring break road trip list of essentials!
1. Good company – Picking the right road trip partner is crucial. If you choose the wrong person to go on a long journey with, well, the results can get ugly. It’s best to go with someone who knows your style of traveling and how much money you’re willing to spend on excursions, restaurants and lodging.
2. Snacks – Depending on where you’re headed, there might not be a ton of options if your stomach starts to rumble. Pack snacks that are filling and easy to eat while driving. A good box of snacks is a great way to help you make good time for your trip with limited stops along the way. Fewer stops means a quicker arrival at your desired destination!
3. A good playlist – The right music can go a long way when you’re stuck in the car for hours on end. Lots of upbeat jams are the key! Singing along with your favorite tunes can also help keep you alert if you begin to get a little drowsy. Picking the right tunes helps pass the time and makes the journey just as fun as the destination.
4. A fun destination – It’s hard to look forward to a road trip when you’re not excited about the place you’re driving to, although getting there is half the fun. Having a great place to spend your time off is crucial to getting the most out of your road trip. If you’re taking time off of work or school to go somewhere fun, make the most out of those vacation days.
5. A dependable ride – Last, but certainly not the least, it’s imperative to have a dependable mode of transportation. Before setting out on your journey, take your car in for a checkup, get an oil change if you’re close to its due date, and top off your tank and fluids. Being proactive is the key when it comes to taking care of your car. This step will keep you from being stranded on the road while you wait for a friend or a tow truck to come pick you up.
Road trips can be an amazing way to spend your spring break. Give Discount Auto Glass a call to fix any chips or cracks in your auto glass before you set out on your road trip. If something happens to your windshield or windows while you’re on the road, we’re here to help. Our Discount Auto Glass professionals can help you with any glass needs you might have, even if you don’t have a Spring Break road trip planned. Call us at (501) 377-9575 or stop by any of our seven locations around Arkansas for a quote.