We’ve all had those moments when we zip through a fast-food restaurant to grab a quick bite and throw the trash in our floorboard or get drinks for the office and with a turn of the wheel, they take a tumble into the floor. This has definitely been us before. Our team here at Discount Auto Glass put together a list of quick, clever hacks to keep your car clean and organized.
1. DIY multi-drink holder: This creation can be constructed with items you most likely have hanging out around your house. Grab a laundry basket and a muffin pan. Put the muffin pan into the bottom of the laundry basket, and you’ve got a perfect drink holder for that office morning coffee run without the fear of dropping all of the drinks in the car or parking lot.
2. Reusable muffin cups to keep cup holders clean: We’ve all had that one fast food cup that we kept in our car too long and, ultimately, it started to seep into the cup holder. Car cup holders seem to somehow attract the grossest gunk. This hack only requires a set of reusable silicone muffin cups. Next step –place them into your car’s cup holders and your cup holders easier to clean now!
3. DIY car trashcan: Plastic cereal containers are multi-functional in this case! Pick up a cereal container and line it with a grocery bag or small trash bag. Place in the front seat for an easily accessible trashcan for you when you’re on the go. The lid will keep the trash from spilling out onto the floor.
4. Shoe organizer as a kids’ car toy box: Shoe organizers can hold a lot more than shoes. If you place a shoe organizer on the back of the driver or passenger seat, your kids can find their favorite toys for the car right in front of them. This way, all of the items have a place that isn’t the floorboard of the car and are kept out of the way when you’re entering or exiting your car.
5. Organize your glove box: Those recipe card-holders or multi tab folders aren’t just for the house or office. Grab a tabbed organizer and get that pile of papers in your glove box organized. That way, in case of an emergency or if you’re pulled over, everything is in one place and easily found.
We hope that this list will help get your car a little more organized and keep your vehicle nice and clean. Should you have issues with chipped or broken auto glass, we’re here to help. From the smallest chips to the most widespread cracks, our experts at Discount Auto Glass can take care of your windows and windshield in a timely manner. We can take appointments at one of our eight locations throughout Arkansas, our one location in Joplin, Missouri, and our newest location in Memphis, Tennessee, or we can come to you at no additional cost. Give us a call at 501-377-9575 or use our online form to get a quote.