Safe Driving Tips for Halloween
Oct 28, 2020, 16:36 PM
It’s no secret that Halloween will look a little bit different this year due to COVID-19. However, you can still expect to see a few trick-or-treaters walking around, and families taking part in new traditions like spooky outdoor scavenger hunts. With that in mind, it’s very important to stay safe if you’re out and about on Halloween night! We’ve put together a few safe driving tips for you:
- Be Extra Vigilant. Many kids will be outside having fun on Halloween night, whether they’re going door to door or just walking around to admire decorations from afar. Be sure to keep an eye out when turning corners and driving over hills. You should also pay extra attention to sidewalks and driveways.
- Keep Your Headlights On. Even if it’s still daylight outside, keeping your headlights on will make you more visible to the people around you. This is especially important if you’re driving through a neighborhood.
- Drive Slowly. No matter what the speed limit is, drive more slowly than usual on Halloween night to stay on the safe side.
- Don’t Pass Cars That Are Stopped. If you see cars that are stopped on the road, don’t fly past them. Children or adults could be trying to enter or exit the vehicle. Only pass after several seconds of watching, when you know what’s going on.
- Never Drink Under the Influence. If you’re drinking on Halloween night, do not get behind the wheel! Not only is it illegal to drive while intoxicated, but you could put yourself or another family in danger due to decreased coordination and alertness. Arrange for a designated driver if you need to be out after drinking.
Are you in need of auto glass or residential glass? Contact us today to speak to one of our professionals. And remember...we come to you for windshield replacement! If you’re looking for a free quote, fill out this short form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.